This position assists the Executive Director in performing and fulfilling a variety of technical, clerical, internal and external responsibilities as delegated. General duties to include; complete day-to-day bookkeeping duties; preparing written communications on behalf of the organization; HR benefit enrollment: answering phones, data entry and functions as the Society Receptionist when necessary.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Review and pay monthly bills using QuickBooks
• Receive clinic inventory and match packing slips to correct invoice to prepare for payment
• Review clinic inventory and make adjustments where necessary, as directed by the Executive Director
• Update deposits and withdrawals in ledger for bank accounts daily
• Balance subsidiary accounts by reconciling entries as necessary
• Prepare monthly financial packages for Executive Director, CPA and the Board of Directors
• Budget review with revenue and expenses, managed in QuickBooks
• Works with payroll company to process payroll and manage employee deductions
• Update employees vacation and sick time earned and used
• Manages employee medical benefit enrollments, changes, and cancelations.
• Manage and process employee IRA submissions
• Process and collect returned checks. Contact client for resolution, or file with DA.
• Remove excess cash from Clinic cash drawer, at minimum twice daily, and place in daily bag for deposit.
• Maintains and balances general ledger by preparing a trial balance, reconciling entries.
• Maintains historical records by filing documents
• Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying requirements; enforcing adherence to requirements; filing reports; advising management on needed actions
• Assists auditors with yearly audit and tax preparation
• Schedules necessary building, facility, landscaping repairs with outside contractors
• Process online donations and coordinate with Fund Development Dept.
• Track and maintain spreadsheets for restricted donations where/when necessary
• Answers telephones, assist clients by answering questions or concerns
• Assist other departments in cross training new employees
• Participate in fund raising and special events
• Functions as in-house IT coordinator; troubleshoots and coordinates IT needs with contracted service provider as needed
• Perform other duties as required or delegated by Executive Director
QUALIFICATIONS and SKILLS:
High School graduate or equivalent. Proficient with Quick Books and office experience required. HR experience a plus. Must be computer literate and have the ability to utilize software applications as provided by the Humane Society including the complete Microsoft Office Suite and QuickBooks.
Must have a high attention to detail, complete confidentiality, possess good writing skills and be able to prepare corporate communications in a timely, accurate and efficient manner. Must be able to react calmly and quickly under stress. Must demonstrate the ability to handle a variety of responsibilities with minimal supervision. Be well organized, contribute to team effort, speak and write effectively. Committed to promoting and enhancing the image of the Humane Society of San Bernardino Valley.
Apply by email to Tseymour@hssbv.org, fax 909-386-1443, or in person today!!
Application for employment is located at the top of the “Employment Opportunities” tab