VeterinarianSUMMARY: The veterinarian will have responsibility for all animals in the clinic assuring that their care and treatment are the highest quality and consistent with the policies of the clinic and with the highest standards of current veterinary practice. The veterinarian will be responsible for the following:
- Sterilization surgery for up to 20- 40 animals per day
- Coordination of the Society’s medical staff and walk-in vaccination clinic
- Examination, treatment, or referral of certain animals brought to the clinic in accordance with HSSBV policy
- Euthanasia of certain animals in accordance with HSSBV policies and procedures
- Provide oversight to ordering, inventorying and budgeting medical and surgical supplies
- Ensure compliance with veterinary medical standards, practices, and procedures.
- Provide support to management personnel to ensure an effective work environment
Apply by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, fax 909-386-1443, or apply in person today!!
Registered Veterinary Technician
Provide medical care and assistance to animals at the clinic. This includes animals here for surgery, vaccinations, examinations and euthanasia. Support the role as AHT to include being called upon to work in surgery/recovery areas and perform miscellaneous duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conducts physical examinations of pets under the supervision of the staff veterinarian.
- Administers vaccines, medications, etc.
- Renders emergency treatment to all animals in need.
- Performs a variety of diagnostic laboratory tests (i.e.: parvovirus, feline leukemia, fecal analysis, skin scrapings, etc.)
- Checks in animals / conducts pre-operation examinations, including weigh-ins, tranquilizing, etc.
- Prepare animals for surgery, including anesthetizing, intubation, cleaning incision site, etc.
- Performs euthanasia ensuring written euthanasia policies are adhered to while implementing euthanasia in a timely manner and to the highest procedural level.
- Clean up surgery and examination rooms at the end of the day.
- Conducts new-pet exams; counsels on basis pet care; distributes pet care supplies and information.
- Performs suture removals and nail trimmings
- Provides grief counseling as needed.
- Receives inventories and medical supplies under the direction of the Clinic Manager.
- Transports Patients from cage to prep and surgery tables and back to cage while adhering to procedural guidelines.
- Assists recovery personnel as needed.
- Assists with veterinarian surgery when needed.
- Operates heart monitor/ pulse ox consistently on each patient during surgery.
- Observes patients during recovery and assists with their release to owners, as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS:Valid certificate of registration as an Animal Health Technician issued by the California State Board of Examiners in Veterinary Medicine. Minimum of one year experience working with animals in a veterinary hospital. Knowledge of, or ability to learn humane animal handling, restraint, and confinement procedures; familiarity of various animal breeds; familiarity of common animal diseases; safety precautions of working around animals. Ability to read, write, communicate and follow instructions.
We have several positions available. The Humane Society provides an excellent employee benefits package which includes:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Veterinarian Continuing Education
- R.V.T Continuing Education
- Liability Insurance
- Cafeteria Plan
- Paid Vacation
- Sick Time
Please click here to print our Employment Application. Be sure to note which position you are applying for. Once completed, you can fax it to: 909-386-1443, email it to the appropriate staff member listed under the job posting or deliver it in person!